The Legend of Jack 'Treetop' Strauss
Larry Becker and Lee Earle
Play a little Texas Hold'em poker and you're bound to hear the phrase, "All you need is a chip and a chair." It's usually offered as encouragement to a player who just lost most of his bankroll, reminding him that he still has a small chance to win.
Few know the legend behind those words... Back in 1982, the World Series of Poker bracelet winner Jack "Treetop" Strauss was competing in a major Texas Hold'em event at a Las Vegas Casino. While still in the early rounds, a lucky player hit his draw and Strauss got busted out. As Jack was headed for the bar to drown his disappointment, the dealer at the table noticed a single chip where Strauss had been seated, tucked almost unseen beneath the cushion around the playing surface. Called back to the table to play that lonely chip, Treetop won the pot on the next hand and went on to finish the tournament in first place.
A great background story, especially when it's true, makes good magic even better. Texas Fool'em is a presentation that allows you to re-create the historic moment behind that poker wisdom, in a manner that will amaze and delight your audience.
Following a brief demonstration of Texas Hold'em poker's unique play,
* They freely cut and deal the starting hand;
* They secretly select the amount of the bet;
* They decide which casino hosts the action;
* They make the best hand they can. Yet...
Every detail is predicted in a 25-year old magazine clipping!
Texas Fool'em is much more than a card trick - it's a complete short routine, complete with authentic deck, chips, and 'VIP cards' that are sufficiently compact to carry in your shirt pocket, awaiting just the right moment to make a timely and memorable impression.
You get everything you need for an enthralling presentation that folks will talk about for years to come:
* Five genuine clay poker chips in denominations of $20, $50, $100, $500, and $1000, each one a different, vibrant color
* Ten plastic casino 'VIP cards' representing renowned Las Vegas casinos
* Multiple copies of the historic magazine clipping.
* A complete pack of 52 cards assembled from canceled poker decks bearing the back designs of the dozen major casinos that used them at their tablet
* One incredible gimmick that guarantees your final prediction. It's not clipped, hidden, palmed, electronic, or mechanical. It's simple to use, easy to employ, and so dang clever you'll want to smile when you put it to work
* The detailed routine, word for word patter, and simple handling to make this impressive effect a reputation maker in your hands
* An online video featuring an after-dinner performance for a lay audience plus extra presentation tips
* This is a Limited Edition product - only 500 sets have been made.
A standard riffle shuffle is the only skill required.