Word Work 1
by Alaln Nu
Alain’s underground work on “the book test”, has finally re-surfaced as a new and complete treatise.
Imagine being able to introduce an ordinary book (this can be a book of any title or author) which you hand to a volunteer to inspect. The volunteer now decides on a word to focus on from somewhere in the middle of a couple of randomly opened-to pages, and then letter by letter, you are able to correctly divine the thought-of selection. Immediately, and without any hesitation, you sign the book inside its front cover and offer it as a gift to your volunteer. This is just one of the methods that you are taught by reading this treatment. And it’s “real-world” work. Alain has used this for over 25 years.
1) 40 pages covering the method, work and principles of this effect in full detail.
2) 10 essays covering the history, theory, philosophy, and principles regarding Alain’s book test criteria that would be eye-opening to any mentalist. There isn’t a single page where you won’t read about a subtlety or perspective that won’t make you stop and think.
3) Methods that are explained both for beginners as well as more advanced practitioners.
4) Great Examples—using the three books, Alice in Wonderland, Zen in the Martial Arts, and The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Go to your local bookstore and pick up one or all of these books after learning the system and you will be off performing this sooner than you expect!
5) Subtleties galore: All techniques and subtleties described here can also easily be added to jazz with or embellish any other book test routine or method.