In addition to the twenty-nine tropes, Be More Funny includes twenty-nine fully-scripted and hilarious routines, each one honed in comedy clubs, festivals, variety shows, conventions, and other performance venues for years.
Routine highlights include:
- "Lemon Party." The magician attempts to make a vanished bill reappear inside a lemon, but the results are completely unexpected and hilarious. Magicians who've seen it have called this the best Bill in Lemon ever.
- "A Cheesy Trick." Worth the price of the book! Hand a package of American cheese slices to an onstage volunteer and receive an automatic onslaught of audience laughter.
- "Nail-Biter." The traditional Smash and Stab style routine can be dangerous and, frankly, a little anticlimactic. Not this version. Unlike the onstage helper, the audience is in on the secret, fully aware that there is absolutely no danger ... or is there?!
- "Deck to the Future." The classic Card Story plot updated to focus on the audience, making it far more relatable and interesting than other versions. To top it off, it ends with a shocking kicker to bring a bit of magic to the comedy proceedings.
- "Vaper Caper." Magicians have Borrowed and Destroyed money, watches, rings, shoes, and all sorts of personal items from audience members over the years. Christopher brings the Borrowed and Destroyed plot into the modern day by bashing a borrowed vaporizer to pieces during a misguided card trick, much to the chagrin of the volunteer and the hysterics of the audience.
But wait! There's more! Be More Funny also includes invaluable information on effectively finding your onstage character as well as tips on writing comedic dialogue and adding it to your routines.
Nothing is spared. Be More Funny is essential reading for any magicians serious about adding comedy to their acts.