In The Magic Way, Juan Tamariz teaches you not just great tricks, but a way to make every trick you do better and more magical.
From the moment it appeared in 1987, The Magic Way was recognized as one of the world's great books on magic. It has been long out of print and highly sought after. This new edition of The Magic Way brings to magicians everywhere the magic and remarkable thinking of one of our greatest living magicians. Over a period of five years, Juan Tamariz has corrected, revised and updated his classic text. This newly translated edition of that revised work might have been called The Magic Way Repaved.
The Magic Way is an in-depth study of how any magic effect may be improved until its method becomes so impervious to discovery that audiences simply relax happily into the experience of the impossible. Tamariz's "Theory of False Solutions and The Magic Way" is explained more clearly and fully than ever before, with detailed examples. These examples are not just exercises constructed to illustrate a point. Tricks and full routines taken from Juan Tamariz's working repertoire are explained in depth, and then meticulously analyzed to show how his theory is applied. You will gain new performance pieces, polished by a master, and something even better: a new tool that will allow you to make every trick you do more amazing. That is why The Magic Way has earned its reputation as a book no serious magical performer should be without.
In The Magic Way, Juan Tamariz teaches in full some of his most prized tricks and routines. Among them are...
- The Tamariz Ambitious Card routine
- His Magazine Test with Spirit Slates
- His remarkable Oil and Water routine
- Nineteen additional and original Oil and Water sequences
- And Juan's version of Al Koran's "Miracle Divination", in which, under the fairest-seeming conditions, someone freely thinks of a card in the deck and, without touching the cards, the performer swiftly and unerringly names the one thought of.
THE MAGIC WAY
Pages: 296 - 7.5" x 10" - Hardcover - photo-illustrated